Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Intermediate Floodplain Management
Intermediate Floodplain Management: 3 hours, June 15, 11:30-3:00. This class briefly reviews the history and basics of the National Flood Insurance Program and then focuses on specific aspects of the program including considerations when placing buildings in floodplains, how to read Flood Insurance Rate Maps, how to determine flood elevations, Letters of Map Amendment, and a review of elevation certificates including common mistakes.
- Instructor: Brad Wenskoski, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation
- Certified Floodplain Manager, ASFPM: 3 credits
- Code Credit, New York State Department of State: 3 hours
- Professional Engineer, Practicing Institute of Engineering: 3 hours
- Registration fees:
- NYSFSMA Members: $40. Free for NYSFSMA members who are New York State Code officials with a student training ID.
- All Non-Members of NYSFSMA: $100
- You can become an individual member of NYSFSMA for only $30 at nyfloods.org
Wednesday, June 15, 2022, 11:30 AM until 3:00 PM
This is a Virtual training that will be on GoToWebinar. A link to register for this will be emailed
Registration is required
Payment In Full In Advance Only