Need Continuing Education Credits? NYSFMA is now offering online training!
We’re pleased to provide VIRTUAL CLASS offerings in 2022 that provide Code Official, Certified Floodplain Manager, and Professional Engineer credit.
Registration is Now open for:
iNTERMEDIATE FLOODPLAIN MANAGEMENT
June 15, 2022; 11:30-3:00
This class briefly reviews the history and basics of the National Flood Insurance Program and then focuses on specific aspects of the program including considerations when placing buildings in floodplains, how to read Flood Insurance Rate Maps, how to determine flood elevations, Letters of Map Amendment, and a review of elevation certificates including common mistakes.
- Instructor: Brad Wenskoski, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation
- Certified Floodplain Manager, ASFPM: 3 credits
- Code Credit, New York State Department of State: 3 hours
- Professional Engineer, Practicing Institute of Engineering: 3 hours
FLOOD INSURANCE RATE MAPS, FLOOD INSURANCE STUDIES AND LETTERS OF MAP CHANGE
October 19, 2022; 1:00-4:30
This course will cover the history and types of flood maps, reading and interpreting flood maps and flood insurance studies, obtaining and using flood maps, and finally map determinations and letters of map change.
- Instructor: Bill Nechamen, Nechamen Consulting, LLC
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE